Part 2 of Josh from mskrehab’s Fascia series. This time how you can help to keep your fascia healthy.
Hopefully we’ve absorbed a little bit about fascial structure and the importance of it for everyday function. Today we are going to discuss how we make our fascia healthy again and how to maintain its function.
There are many factors influencing fascial structure. Before we dive into that, lets recap some key points from part one:
1) Our fascial system is like a network of rivers, which transport mechanical stress throughout the body.
2) It’s essential for our river (ECM) to stay fresh and flowing
3) Fascia is innovated with lots of sensory detectors
4) A weak link in fascia can produce pain elsewhere due to large connections between muscles
5) Structural shape is guaranteed by a 3D tensional model, not compression or stacking.
Is my fascia ‘bad’?
There are many contributing factors that result in a structural change of fascia. Using our river analogy we…
View original post 1,200 more words